Family Trekking in Chiang Mai
Trekking in Chiang Mai offers many wonderful opportunities to enjoy Thailand’s stunning natural scenery, get active, spot heaps of native flora and fauna, and also visit some fascinating hill tribe villages.
Other options include riding elephants through the jungle, swimming at waterfalls, and bamboo rafting. Older kids might also like the thrill of white water rafting.
A jungle experience can be a great way for families to have fun together whilst enjoying the very best of the great outdoors. Trekking can be incredibly tough with kids. Luckily, a number of companies have packages that meet the needs of families, making it a pleasant, memorable, and adventurous time for everyone. They include short walking sections and try and make walks downhill where possible, allowing youngsters to keep up and enjoy everything.
You will find packages that include a night or two in the jungle, as well as those that are just for the day. Consider what your child would enjoy the most, as some relish the idea of sleeping under the stars in nature, whereas others would find it a complete nightmare!
If you would like to do a family jungle trek in Chiang Mai some great companies to consider include:
Things to know when travelling with children:
- Make sure everyone has well-worn in comfortable shoes that are appropriate for walking in the jungle.
- Take lots of insect repellent and sun cream.
- Remember that there are lots of leeches in the rainy season. (The rainy season is perhaps best avoided with children, as some walkways can also get quite slippery.)
- Make sure your kids drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- The nighttimes can get fairly cool, so pack a sweater just in case.